Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Tribute to my Wife Kate on Mother's Day

On this day that we here in the United States set aside to honor moms, I wanted to offer this public tribute to my wife Kate.

The highest compliment that I can pay to you on this day is that you are the clearest reflection of the servant-heart of Jesus Christ that I have ever seen. The way that you empty yourself to care for our family as well as others is such a tangible demonstration of the gospel of Jesus Christ, who emptied himself by taking on the form of a servant (Phil 2:7). The way that you die to your personal comfort to show love to us and others is evidence that Christ is powerfully at work in you (Gal 2:20). The way that you point our children to Christ through his Word is establishing a foundation from which by God's grace they will never depart (Prov 22:6).

Aside from his Son Jesus Christ, you are the greatest gift that God has given to me, Jonathan and Jacob. If there were city gates where we live, we would be running to them today to declare your works (Prov 31:31).

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Lovely