Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Off to ETS, IBR, & SBL

Today I leave for San Diego to attend three successive conferences. The first is that of the Evangelical Theological Society (ETS), which is the largest evangelical association for the furthering of biblical and theological scholarship. Immediately after that is the Institute of Biblical Research, of which I am becoming a member this year. The final one is the Society of Biblical Literature, the largest professional association for biblical and religious scholarship. As you might suspect, SBL is the broadest, incorporating just about anyone who teaches Bible or religion, regardless of their own personal beliefs.

While I am looking forward to the warm weather of San Diego, I am disappointed that it appears I will have to miss this year's Ohio State v. Michigan football game :(

If any of you are there, feel free to introduce yourself. Perhaps I'll offer a summary post when I return next week.

No comments: