Monday, November 08, 2010

Mondays with Marty

Since in all the revelry from Reformation Day I failed to get a Mondays with Marty post up this past week, I am making up for it with one of my favorites. In this week's installment from Off the Record with Martin Luther, Luther shows his sense of humor::
"3476. Tomorrow I have to give a lecture about Noah's drunkenness. Therefore, I am going to drink enough tonight so that I can talk about this awful subject from experience. Dr. Cordatus said then: "In no case! It is necessary to do just the opposite!" Luther responded to that: One must accept the vices peculiar to each land. The Bohemians eat like pigs, the Wends steal, Germans guzzle without end. Dear Cordatus, how else would you deal with a German except by getting him drunk? Especially those who love neither music nor women?
DISCLAIMER: The views reflected in this quote do not necessarily reflect those of the author of this blog. This quote is shared in the interest of edification, education, and/or humor.

No comments: